вторник, 28 октября 2014 г.

PROJECTS How To Make a Wall Mirror (and Be Brilliant At the Same Time)

PROJECTS How To Make a Wall Mirror (and Be Brilliant At the Same Time)
how-to-make-a-mirror

I think this world would be a better place…..


…..if we all told each other we were brilliant.


Don’t you agree?


I mean….there are days when we evaluate and critique and worry about what we need to fix and take notes on what we need to improve on.


Seriously.


When we should take a moment.


And pause.


And simply just remember how amazing we are.


how-to-make-a-mirror-diy

Okay….I’ll go first.


(please tell me you are not in the least surprised)


A while ago…..I started saving my pennies for a mirror like this.


$248 dollars worth of pennies to be exact.


But really….why?


When you could just make your own.


(and this is where the brilliant part comes in)


how-to-make-a-wall-mirror-diy

You and your totally brilliant self could make a knock-off mirror…..


….from these.


Compacts.


From Dollar Tree.


For umm…..wait for it….wait for it….$19.00.


how-to-make-a-mirror-project

How to Make a Wall Mirror


(made from Dollar Store compacts)


how-to-make-a-wall-mirror

Step 1: Open the compact


Put on safety glasses.


Seriously….safety first.


how-to-make-a-mirror-how-to

Step 2: Separate compact into two pieces


Using pliers….clip mirrors apart.


Then clip off the small pieces of plastic to create two round circles.


Some of the circles had a little character after I finished.


No worries….you are brilliant….remember.


how-to-make-a-mirror-diy-project

Step 3: Place circles into desired shape


I started with a central row of seven.


Then added two rows of six. Then five. And so on.


After I laid out my pattern….I traced around with a pencil and cut out the shape.


This is your base.


Step 4: Spray paint compacts silver


Or gold.


Or pink.


Or leave them gray.


This is your mirror.


how-to-make-a-mirror

Step 5: Hot glue compacts to the base


I added a drop of hot glue in between each of the mirrors and painted it silver.


This gives the illusion of soldering (and hides all the extra “character.”)


Hang the mirror and take you and your extra $229 of pennies shopping.


And don’t forget to let the salespeople know…..


…..someone brilliant is in the house.


Knocktoberfest-Banner

Today I am so happy to be part of the Knocktoberfest celebration where 25 bloggers are showing off their favorite knock-offs.


If you are vising from Songbird….welcome…..so happy to meet you.


I’m the last stop for today!


Be sure and stop by and say hello.


PS Looking for fun ideas for room dividers?


Check out my post today over on Lamps Plus!


how-to-make-a-mirror-diy-project-how-to
How to Make a Mirror from Dollar Store Compacts

Original article and pictures take www.thistlewoodfarms.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий