вторник, 18 ноября 2014 г.

Raffia and Oatmeal

Raffia and Oatmeal

Raffia and oatmeal is not what I had for breakfast...although it would make for an unusually packed fiber meal!


But I did have oatmeal, one of my favorite breakfast at all times...the old fashion kind, with butter, heavy cream and brown sugar!


So I can assure you I have PLENTY of oatmeal canisters!

Here is how I used it to create a rich textured vase.


Start with two oatmeal containers



take the plastic lid off, rip the paper cover off and put it in recycle bin ;)



Remove the bottom from one canister. It will look like an extra large used toilet paper roll. Use heavy duty tape to connect the canisters from the inside (the canister with the bottom goes on the bottom...just trying to be detailed).


I used my trustworthy hot glue gun and raffia I had from who knows where, and start gluing on the canisters starting from the bottom.


Same concept of my twine bottles project.



Raffia is a very forgiving material...it looks "messy" by nature.



Here is side by side with other canisters of unopened oatmeal.




Put some rocks in a plastic bag, seal and put inside your new tall vase. This will help give your vase some weight.



Add bamboo, reed or similar material, and enjoy your new vase.



Stay Frugal,

--and eat more oatmeal!--


Daniela

Linking to

Krafty Kat

Savvy Southern Style

The Shabby Creek Cottage

The Style Sisters

At the Picket Fence

The Frugal Girls

The Grant Life

It's Overflowing

Coastal Charm

The Prudent Pantry


Original article and pictures take frugalaintcheap.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий