вторник, 27 января 2015 г.

Revamped Sofa Table

Revamped Sofa Table
DesignDreams by Anne


I had a black sofa table. I loved it when I bought it, I liked the black and the style of the table. Nowadays I'm not as fond of black as I once was and I really wanted to give my table a fresh new look. Out came the paint cans!


I used good 'ol latex paint in Behr Almond Cream and a tiny bit of paint from my tube of acrylic Raw Umber for this project. I'm thrilled with the new look!


I painted the piece with the Almond Cream and then squirted some of the Raw Umber on the surface of the table top. I used a small foam roller and just rollered right over the top of the squirted paint until it was spread out relatively evenly and I was happy with the colour and the look of the piece. I repeated the process for each section of the piece and I like the mottled look I got. The more I spread out the paint, the more interesting the paint treatment became.



I went back over the table edges with a small painter's brush and the Raw Umber.



Here's what it looked like before:




To give the piece a bit more of a vintage look, I added brass backplates that I got from D Lawless Hardware behind the knobs that I used. It looks pretty cool!




I love the new look of my table.



more posts about before and after

Original article and pictures take designdreamsbyanne.blogspot.ca site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий