пятница, 11 ноября 2016 г.

Vanity Reveal

Vanity Reveal
Living Beautifully...One (DIY) Step At A Time

Hi Friends,


So lots going on lately, as you probably remember from my 'blogging note' post, however, this weekend we've been working away once again, and I managed to finish my vanity and vanity chair. I love it, and I can't wait to be able to actually use it now!


You might remember me introducing you to my $10.00 vanity that I "picked" from Kijiji last summer, here, or my antique vanity chairthat I also found on Kijiji for $10.


Let me remind you of the "Before's" anyways...


Here's what I started with:





and here's how it turned out:





I sanded, painted and reupholstered it in new fabric. I actually ordered that fabric for our Master Ensuite curtains and used what I had left for the chair- worked out perfectly. The fabric I used was 'Bethe-Robins Egg' from Tonic Living and the paint colour is a light sea-foam green called 'Smokey Slate' in a satin finish by Behr . I actually didn't even need to prime the chair- I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint which has a built in primer. It worked beautifully. I honestly might have gotten away with 1 really good coat- its that thick. I did 2 coats though, and that was more than enough- the paint went on really well.


Now, here's what the Vanity Table looked like before:



I spent some time fixing it up and painting it ("Simply White" by Benjamin Moore). I also added some new hardware to the drawer that I found at Home Sense:



and now it looks like this:




Added a few accessories for now...





I found this mirror at a second hand store for $7.00. Its super heavy and has a solid wood frame- someone had painted over the previous finish, but I think that with some paint, it will look perfect over my vanity....



I'll update you all once I've painted and refinished the mirror, but for now, I'm looking forward to having a nice spot to sit in our bedroom to get ready :)



Total cost for the make-over:

Vanity Table (Kijiji)- $10.00

New handle for drawer (Home Sense)- $11.00

Vanity Chair (Kijiji)- $10.00

Fabric for Chair (Tonic Living)- remnant from curtain fabric

Paint (Home Depot)- $10.00 (HD coupon)

Mirror (second hand store)- $7.00


Total: $48.00


Other Accessories (already owned):

Flowers (Home Sense)

Jewelry Drawer (Home Sense)

Vanity Tray (Second Hand Store- $0.99)



All I need now, is a light, a small mirror and to fix up the drawer, so I can actually put all of my make-up inside :) I'm planning on using some wallpaper that I'll have left over from our bedroom closet make-over (post coming soon!), to do the drawer (I know no-one will ever see it but me, but that's ok right?!)


So what do you think?!

What else would you make sure to have on your vanity table?


Linking up to:



A Little Knick Knack


Photobucket

Featured on:


Creative DIYers Club

HouseofHepworths

Original article and pictures take livingbeautifullydiy.blogspot.ca site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий